Apply for a parking dispensation
A parking dispensation allows you to park for a limited time in a space where there are parking restrictions (for example, double yellow lines).
This is normally to carry out essential works where a vehicle is necessary.
To apply, you will need to let us know your vehicle registration number (also known as your number plate, license plate or license number).
See how much it costs for a parking dispensation and how much notice we need.
Reasons we may give you a parking dispensation
There needs to be a good reason for us to give you a parking dispensation. This can include:
- furniture removals
- building, maintenance or repair works where a vehicle is needed
- deliveries that may take longer than the time normally allowed
- weddings or funerals
Parking dispensations are not allowed if you will block:
- disabled parking spaces
- parking spaces used by doctors
- taxi ranks
- bus stops
- the entry or exit of a pedestrian crossing marking (also known as a zebra crossing)
- a footpath or any other location where you may cause danger to pedestrians
- any location that could cause obstruction or danger to the public
Parking dispensations cannot be used:
- for general parking needs
- where loading restrictions are in place
- within 50 metres of a signal controlled junction (that is, a junction where there are traffic lights)
- if you will affect other road users or the flow of traffic
Once you have finished the job or event for which we gave you a parking dispensation, your vehicle must be moved and parked in a legal space.
Contact the parking team
If you have a question about parking permits and car park season tickets that is not answered on this page, you can contact us for help.