Apply for a licence to drop a kerb outside your house

You'll need to apply for a vehicular access licence if you would like the kerb outside your house to be lowered to give access to your property.

A vehicular access licence costs £331.

What you'll need

Before you apply, you must have:

  • a location plan, to a scale of 1/200
  • a drawing with dimensions of the access, no wider than 4.6m, along with the dimensions of the front garden (if you're extending your current vehicle access, this must not exceed 4.6m total including the tapered kerbs)
  • a plan of any proposed alterations to the front boundary wall, fence or hedge
  • a copy of the planning permission or letter confirming that planning permission is not required
  • a copy of your contractors risk assessment and method statement (RAMS)

You'll also need the:

  • name and address of your chosen contractor
  • a copy of your contractor's £10 million public liability insurance
  • front and back of the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 accreditation, operative and supervisor
  • statutory undertaker plans from your contractor (STAT plans)
  • certification or qualification of use of CAT & Gennie location device
Apply now

After you submit your application

Your application will take approximately 4 weeks to complete, providing all documents are submitted.

If approved, your licence is valid for 2 weeks.

Help with your application

If you need any help or support with your application, email [email protected].