Housing association tenants

Housing register

We do not own or manage any properties.

We do however work with a number of Housing Associations to provide social housing in the area. To be considered for social housing you need to make and application to join our housing register. You can do this by completing an online application form to Bucks Home Choice.

Take the time to read the information on the Bucks Home Choice website and to review the policy as this includes information as to who may qualify to join the register and how applications are assessed.

Join housing register

Landlord issues

If you're already a tenant of a housing association property and are having repair or other issues with your home you should first speak to your landlord to see if they can resolve these for you. Your landlord may also offer management moves for their own tenants who are experiencing difficulties and so you should discuss any problems that you are having with them to see if they can assist you.

If your landlord doesn't investigate or arrange the repairs within a reasonable time, you can report the issues by email to our Environmental Health Team. Include details of when it was reported to the landlord.

If you're dissatisfied with your landlord, you have the right to make a complaint. Find more information about your rights as a tenant on the social housing complaints website.

Where you have exhausted the complaints process, you have a right to make a complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. Your landlord should advise you how to do this when your complaint is concluded, if you remain unhappy. Find further information on the Housing Ombudsman Service website.


If your family has grown and your home is no longer big enough or someone in your family has a disability and your current home is now unsuitable you should speak to your landlord first.

If appropriate you may make an application to join the housing register to alternative accommodation and or you may wish to seek a mutual exchange.

Mutual exchanges must be agreed with the landlord of both properties and some landlords offer this internally or you may wish to consider joining websites such as HomeSwapper or joining local facebook groups to reach out to other tenants.