Find out about adoption
Find out if you can adopt
To adopt a child you need to:
- be over 21
- live in a settled accommodation which can provide a safe environment for a child, with a spare bedroom for exclusive use of the child
- be able to provide space and time to meet the child's needs
- have lived in the UK for at least one year, or one member of the couple must be a resident of the UK
- have a valid DBS certificate
Get ready for adoption
The best way to find out if you can adopt and see if you are ready to start the adoption process, is by using our adoption readiness tool.
By answering a few simple questions you’ll get a personalised readiness plan to help you prepare to take the next step.
The tool is anonymous and takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
Using the tool will help you find out:
- if you can adopt
- what’s involved in adoption
- the training and support you’ll receive
- what steps you can take to get ready
Enquire about adoption
Contact the adoption team on:
- 01494 586 349
- [email protected]
- the enquiry form below