Licences for playing or performing music
You do not need a licence for live music if:
- it takes place between 8am and 11pm
- it takes place at an alcohol on-licensed premises
- the audience consists of no more than 200 people (amplified music only – unamplified music has no audience limit)
- it takes place on land owned by the council
We may introduce licence conditions if they’re needed to protect residents.
Playing copyright music in public
You'll need to apply for a licence from the Performing Rights Society (PRS) website if you want to play:
- copyright music at work
- recorded live music or DJ mixes
Contact the licensing team
If you have a licence query, email [email protected].