Apply for a hypnotism performance licence
You’ll need a licence If you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public.
Depending on the venue and the type of performance, you may also need a theatre or entertainment licence.
There is no fee for a hypnotism performance licence.
Who can apply
To apply, you must be:
- 18 years old or older
- a member of a relevant recognised body (for example, the National Council for Hypnotherapy or National Hypnotherapy Society)
The performance must comply with our hypnotism licensing conditions.
Who does not need a licence
You do not need a licence if the:
- hypnotism is for the purpose of scientific demonstration or research
- person is hypnotising themself
How to apply
Use our application form to apply for consent.
You'll need to confirm:
- your name, address and contact details
- the details of your last 3 performances (if possible)
- the details of the performance you'd like to apply for
Hypnotism application DOCX, 24.6KB
After you submit your application
You’ll hear from us within 28 days of submitting your application.
If your application is successful, you should read our hypnotism guidance notes PDF, 28KB
If you perform without a licence
You could be fined up to £1.000 if you:
- stage hypnotism for entertainment purposes without a licence
- break any of the conditions on your permit
Contact the licensing team
Email: [email protected]