Report an unlicensed animal business
Use this service to make a report:
- about an unlicensed businesses carrying out activities involving animals (kennels, catteries, home boarders, animal breeders and riding schools)
- if you think people are keeping a dangerous wild animal without a licence
- if you believe someone is operating a zoo without a licence
Before you start
You should check our public register of licensed animal businesses to make sure it's not registered with us.
How to report
Email [email protected]
You’ll need to provide details about:
- the business (including, personal name and address where the activity takes place)
- the animals involved (and an indication of how many)
- why you believe they’re operating without a licence
- your experience with the business
After you’ve reported a business
We’ll investigate any reports we receive and make a decision on whether it requires further investigation.
If we investigate
If we do investigate, you may need to:
- give a formal written statement
- make a declaration to support the council as a witness
Your personal details will be confidential unless the investigation becomes a legal matter.
Contact the animal licensing team
Email: [email protected]