Report an unlicensed animal business

Use this service to make a report:

  • about an unlicensed businesses carrying out activities involving animals (kennels, catteries, home boarders, animal breeders and riding schools)
  • if you think people are keeping a dangerous wild animal without a licence
  • if you believe someone is operating a zoo without a licence

Before you start

You should check our public register of licensed animal businesses to make sure it's not registered with us.

How to report

Email [email protected]

You’ll need to provide details about:

  • the business (including, personal name and address where the activity takes place)
  • the animals involved (and an indication of how many)
  • why you believe they’re operating without a licence
  • your experience with the business

After you’ve reported a business

We’ll investigate any reports we receive and make a decision on whether it requires further investigation.

If we investigate

If we do investigate, you may need to:

  • give a formal written statement
  • make a declaration to support the council as a witness

Your personal details will be confidential unless the investigation becomes a legal matter.

Contact the animal licensing team