Animal licences

You may need an animal licence if you:

  • run a business that provides accommodation for other people’s pets
  • breed dogs for commercial purposes
  • keep or train animals for exhibition
  • sell animals as pets
  • breed animals to be resold as pets
  • hire out horses (for example if you run a riding school)
  • keep an animal on the dangerous wild animal list
  • operate a zoo

If you can't find what you are looking for on the following pages, email [email protected].

How to apply