Transfer or change an alcohol licence

Types of changes

Only the licence holder may apply to vary an alcohol licence.

There are three main types of changes you can make to an alcohol licence:

  • major variation
  • minor variation
  • transfer (change of licence holder)

If you hold a premises licence, you can also apply to transfer or remove a designated premises supervisor (DPS).