Local Authority Companies, Trusts and Partnerships
Companies, Trusts and Partnerships that we own (wholly or in-part) or have a significant interest in.
The governance of these companies is completed through:
- Certificate of incorporation, including the Articles of Association and the Shareholders/Members agreement — setting out how the company must operate in its relationship with us.
- Directors — councillors and officers hold positions on the boards of those companies we hold shares in the company.
- Directors on company’s first duty is to that company’s interests.
- Shareholder/Members representatives — we nominate councillors and officers to present the our views to the companies keeping our position clear and up front in decisions in line with the Shareholder/Members agreement.
- Business plans — the companies have to produce annual business plans that are then presented to scrutiny and cabinet.
- Shareholders’ Agreement & Reserved Matters — there are only some things the companies can make decisions on. If they want to do things outside of this they must come back to the council for a decision (for example, this often includes major financial decisions such as taking out loans).
List of companies
Aylesbury Vale Estates (AVE)
|Directors and shareholder representatives||Directors: Corporate Member Buckinghamshire Council, Corporate Member Akeman Partnership Shareholder Representatives: Cllr Bowles, Cllr Strachan and Officer T Lane|
|Purpose of the company||Manages the industrial units, shops and offices in the Aylesbury Vale area owned by Aylesbury Vale Estates (AVE). To manage these properties in a flexible way that responds to occupiers' changing circumstances and supports new and existing businesses. Grow the value of the portfolio. Generate an annual dividend for the shareholders.|
|Scrutiny agreements||Scrutiny/Cabinet adoption of business plan. Approval of decisions outside the AVE Board’s remit as and when required.|
|Directors and shareholder representatives||CEO and Director: Richard Harrington Director: Councillor Steve Bowles, Buckinghamshire Council. Director: Lisa Michelson, Buckinghamshire Council Director - Philippa Batting, Buckinghamshire Business First Shareholders: None|
|Purpose of the company||Buckinghamshire Advantage brings project management expertise to the delivery of Buckinghamshire Local Enterprise Partnership’s (BLEP) capital programme, by co-ordinating the delivery of transport, planning, housing and other projects, in the pursuit of shared objectives.|
|Scrutiny agreements||Operated through Member ownership and voting.|
Consilio Property Limited
|Directors and shareholder representatives||Director: David Pearce, Buckinghamshire Council Director: Nigel Dicker, Buckinghamshire Council Financial Director: Outsourced firm of accountants Shareholders: Buckinghamshire Council via Property Board|
|Purpose of the company||A property company originally set up to identify acquire and manage Commercial Investment for the Legacy Chiltern and South Bucks Council, but following unitary, Consilio property Ltd has become a Residential development and management company helping the Council in progressing its development aspirations in delivering residential property with a strong emphasis on Affordable and keyworker Homes in Buckinghamshire. To Identify and maximise opportunities in line with the Companies aims. Generate an annual dividend for Shareholders. Maintain a reputation for high standards of business conduct.|
|Scrutiny agreements||Adoption of Business Plan, Property Board act as Shareholders representative. Monthly Board meetings with minutes shared with Property board. Quarterly Directors reports to Shareholders. Annual AGM and Shareholders Meeting.|
London Road Business Park Management Limited
|Directors and shareholder representatives||Director: John Reed Director: Mark Preston|
|Purpose of the company||Taken on when BCC purchased their units on the Business Park. Management services provided by the Company to all the Business Park units (BCC own 3 units out of 9). Receives income from all tenants and discharges all service charges. Not for profit company with limited transactions. Carter Jonas provide management services for the site.|
|Scrutiny agreements||Business Plan and annual reports through Property Board.|