Privacy and the WhizzFizzFest Parade
Saturday 2 July 2022
Buckinghamshire Council is the data controller for the personal information we use about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services.
The law requires us to give you a Privacy Notice which gives you details about how we use and protect your personal information.
Our contact details are:
Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted using the details above or by email: [email protected]
This privacy notice relates to any of the applications you wish to complete concerning the:
- WhizzFizzFest Parade Entry
- staff training
- artist in residence
- parade competition
We will collect the following information about you:
- school/organisation name*
- name representative/s
- email address
- phone number
- teacher/staff member/adult responsible
- financial details
- number of adults and children attending
*It is recognised that only some of this information is personal data or it may be used in a professional capacity. This notice only applies in respect of personal data but if you have any queries you can still use the contact details above to obtain further information.
The parade is in the public domain and images may be taken by the public. Publicity images may also be taken by the council. If any member of your organisation or any of your pupils do not want to have their picture taken, they can get a "no photo sticker" from a member of staff from the Information Point at St Mary’s Church. The "no photo" sticker must be worn prominently at all times.
The council will not seek or use individual children's details, however your schools and year groups may be mentioned in publicity and you should ensure that you obtain any relevant permission.
We will use your information to:
- efficiently organise the parade
- invoice you in respect of any artist support/training booked
- liaise in the run up to and on the day of the event
- notify organisations of any changes to parade timings, route and order
- submit the photos of the artworks you send us to the judging panel to select a winner
- for publicity and promotion of the competition and of other WhizzFizzFest activity, which will be used on our website, social media and in the media
- notify organisations of the competition winner by email to the class teacher.
We are using your information because we need it to:
- co-ordinate any artist visits
- hold information on your school, book or theme your artwork will be based on and whether you will have an artist visit, attending a training session or going alone
- invoice for any artist visits or training sessions attended
- share with the judging panel
- contact class teachers
Our legal basis to use the information is to carry out any contract between us and/or for legitimate interests in promoting and organising the event and/or to generate interest and community satisfaction and to comply with the law (health and safety and insurance and financial regulations).
We may share your information with the:
- artist in residence
- workshop trainer
- Buckinghamshire Council’s Communities Team
This is in order to organise the parade and other activities you are taking part in.
We may also share your information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, and in relation to safeguarding purposes or in connection with the prevention of crime, criminal or legal investigations or proceedings including fraud (and the National Fraud Initiative) or regulatory functions.
We will only use the information we hold about you for the reasons above but if we need to use it for any other reason we will normally tell you
You have legal rights over your information. For details of those rights, how long we keep your information and how we keep it safe, see our main Privacy Notice page
If you have any concerns and/or complaints you can contact the data protection team:
email: [email protected]