How the council makes decisions
We are a public service organisation which is led by elected councillors and we follow a cabinet model.
Our constitution sets out:
- how we operate
- how decisions are made
- how councillors are chosen for different roles
- the rules and procedures we follow to ensure we are accountable to local people
Questions about our constitution
It is a legal requirement for a local authority to have a constitution and to make this available to the public.
If you have specific questions about the constitution or its contents, contact [email protected].
Reviewing our constitution
The constitution was formally approved by the Shadow Authority for the Buckinghamshire Council on 27 February 2020 and it will be reviewed annually.
Be a part of decisions that matter to you by:
- getting in touch with your local councillor
- finding out what committee meetings are happening
- viewing upcoming decisions and past decisions
- watching cabinet and committee meetings webcast live or as recordings