Complain about a councillor

We're committed to promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct amongst our members. We've adopted a Code of Conduct setting out the conduct we expect of our members as they carry out that role.

If you wish to make a complaint about the behaviour of a:

  • Buckinghamshire councillor
  • parish councillor
  • town councillor

you can do this online.

Make a complaint about a councillor

You can also email or write to:

The Monitoring Officer
Buckinghamshire Council
Walton Street Offices
Walton Street
HP20 1UA

Email [email protected]

Complaints process

  • only written complaints will be considered
  • we will require a name and a contact address or email address to acknowledge receipt of the complaint and keep you informed of progress. We do not normally investigate anonymous complaints, unless there is a clear public interest in doing so
  • only in very exceptional cases will we be able to progress a complaint to an investigation without disclosing the identity of the complainant to the Member
  • if the complaint is primarily about a corporate decision or a service complaint, it will be referred for handling under the Council’s general complaints procedure

About the Monitoring Officer

The Monitoring Officer is the senior member of the council’s staff who has responsibility for administering the system in respect of complaints about member conduct.

This role is carried out by Sarah Ashmead, Deputy Chief Executive of the Council.