The Buckinghamshire School Awards 2023
Nominations for the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2023 are now closed.
We are proud to host the first Buckinghamshire School Awards celebrating our incredible teachers and school staff across the county.
The awards are an opportunity for schools and the local community to celebrate the positive impact our schools make to children and young people across Buckinghamshire. This year we have 12 award categories with one award open to public nominations.
Our Community Engagement School of the Year is open to nominations from the local community. This award celebrates schools that bring together students, staff and families with local residents to create a safe and inclusive community.
If your local school goes above and beyond to support you, pupils and the local community, say 'thank you' by nominating them for our Community Engagement School of the Year Award.
Community Engagement School of the Year Award
The Community Engagement Award celebrates schools that actively seek the support, involvement, contribution and connection with their wider school community.
This award will be presented to a school which can demonstrate a mutual respect between families, staff, pupils and the residents within their local area. Collectively, all parties will work together to promote a school that is safe, supportive, respectful and connects pupils to a broader and supportive community.
The Community Engagement Award is open to all Buckinghamshire maintained, academy and free schools.
Award criteria and examples of great community engagement
We are looking for a school that:
- actively acknowledges the unique contribution that the local community can make to enhance learning
- positively and proactively reaches out to the whole community through exciting and engaging initiatives
- demonstrates mutual respect between pupils, families, staff and the local community
- demonstrates the positive impact of their community engagement programme on the children and young people at the school
Examples of great community engagement initiatives in schools include:
- helping build strong relations between the different communities in your area with an inclusive and welcoming community engagement programme
- recognising the contribution of both newer residents and residents with established roots
- regularly inviting members of the local community for visits, activities, performances and supporting learning
- offering pupils the opportunity to be involved in community projects as part of their coursework (for example supporting a foodbank)
- having a school travel plan that is supported by the local community in order to reduce congestion and increase air quality
- working with nature and environmental groups to improve the local area or work on new play areas or playgrounds
Nominations for our Community Engagement School of the Year Award are now open and will close on Friday 28 April at 11:59pm.
Submit your nomination
Nominations closed on 28 April.
View the award terms and conditions.
View the important dates:
- nominations will close on 28 April at 11:59pm
- the nominations will be judged between 3 May to 16 May
- award ceremony for Gold, Silver and Bronze award winners on 21 June
We are pleased to announce that this year’s awards will be sponsored by Wycombe Wanderers, Pinewood Studios, Marlow Film Studios, Bucks Skills Hub in partnership with Buckinghamshire Business First, Supply Desk, Bosch, LEAP, The Entertainer and Thakeham.