Tell us about a site for development
The new Local Plan for Buckinghamshire (LP4B) will allocate sites for development in the period up to 2040 to meet the housing and economic development needs of Buckinghamshire.
We're committed to our 'Brown Before Green' pledge and want to ensure new developments are sustainable and make the best use of available land.
Sites submitted previously
In 2021 we carried out 2 'call for brownfield sites' consultations asking residents to submit previously developed land for consideration.
Following an initial assessment we concluded that not all these sites will be suitable, achievable and available.
Between June and September 2022 we carried out a separate ‘wider call for sites’ consultation.
View a list of submitted sites (call for brownfield sites), XLSX, 60 KB
View a list of submitted sites (wider call for sites), XLSX, 57.1 KB
View an interactive map of all submitted sites
For transparency reasons, our list of submitted brownfield sites may also include greenfield sites. Once we've completed our wider call for sites we will assess all sites and classify them by their type and suitability for development.
How we assess the sites
We technically assess all sites submitted against our Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessments (HELAA) methodology.
The assessment determines how well a site can accommodate development. We will assess sites for their:
- achievability (including viability) to accommodate development
To show you how the process works we've published a draft methodology that you can view on the HELAA webpage.
Further information is available at Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessments (HELAA) (GOV.UK).
Tell us about a site
Sites can be submitted by anyone or any organisation but typically they're promoted by land owners, developers, agents, local businesses, individuals and groups.
Before you submit
As part of the submission process you should make sure you:
- complete a separate form for each site
- only complete forms for sites that can accommodate 5 or more new dwellings or economic development on sites of 0.25 hectares (or 500 square meters of floor space) and above. There is no threshold for land that has potential for Gypsy and Traveller accommodation or Travelling Showpeople plots
- include as much information as possible including your connection to the site
- provide a location map that clearly identifies the site boundary and adjacent land also under your control or ownership
Do not submit details of:
- sites outside of the Buckinghamshire boundary
- sites already submitted to the previous call for sites consultations.
If you have updated information on the sites previously submitted, contact us by email at [email protected].
How to submit
To submit a site you can either:
- complete the online call for sites form
- download the call for sites form (DOCX, 85 KB) and email it to [email protected]
You can also return forms by post to:
Call for Sites
Queen Victoria Road
Sites submitted after 26 October 2022 will not be assessed within the current draft HELAA for 2023. These will be included in our next update instead.
Any information you submit will be made publicly available by Buckinghamshire Council and will be identifiable by name or organisation, although the Council will redact any signatures and contact details. Buckinghamshire Council is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
For more information see our privacy notice.
If you have any questions about brownfield sites or the wider call for sites, email the Planning Policy team at [email protected]