Granborough neighbourhood plan
Granborough neighbourhood plan publication
After many months of hard work and community engagement, Granborough Parish Council submitted its final version of the Granborough Neighbourhood Development Plan to Buckinghamshire Council. As the local authority we are now required to undertake a publication period to allow all parties to comment on the submitted proposals before the plan goes to examination.
The consultation will commence on Thursday 16 December 2021 and will close at midnight on Thursday 3 February 2022.
What the neighbourhood plan is
The Granborough Neighbourhood Plan (GNP) is part of the emerging development plan for the Granborough Neighbourhood Area for the period 2020 to 2035.
Once adopted, it will form part of the development plan, which planning applications in that area will be assessed against. The GNP has policies which look to shape development.
The plan aims to:
- protect village character
- protect and enhance the historic and natural landscape character of the village
- support high quality design of new development
- protect and enhance local heritage assets
- enhance biodiversity by protecting existing natural features and requiring biodiversity net gain
- designate 5 Local Green Spaces where we will avoid development
- support limited housing development within a defined settlement boundary
- ensure a suitable mix of housing is provided whilst avoiding housing development beyond the settlement boundary (unless it complies with national guidance)
- ensure any new development results in improvements to highway safety
- support the provision of new or the expansion of existing community facilities and seeks to protect the Crown Public House
You can view all of the consultation documents by clicking on the links below.
Submit your comments
You can comment on the neighbourhood plan on the Your Voice Bucks website by clicking on the button below.
Alternatively you can submit your comments by:
- email to [email protected]
- post to Granborough Neighbourhood Plan, Planning Policy Team, Buckinghamshire Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, HP11 1BB
You can request to be notified of Buckinghamshire Council’s decision to adopt the plan once an examination and referendum has taken place.
Please ensure that comments are received by us before midnight on Thursday 3 February 2022. We cannot consider any representations after that point and they will not be accepted.
Following the period for comment, we will collate the responses and submit them to an examiner for the document to be examined.