Report a dangerous building

If you think that a building or structure may be dangerous to the public, you should report it to us at Building Control.

When you report a building that you think could be dangerous, you’ll need to provide:

  • the building’s location
  • a description of the issue
  • your contact details
  • the building owner’s name and contact details, if you know them

What happens next

We’ll investigate and check the level of danger. The building or structure may be demolished or made safe, depending on what we find. The cost of any work that we do will be charged to the building’s owner.

To report a dangerous building, contact the team in your local area:

For out-of-hours emergencies that cannot wait until the next working day, please call:

Aylesbury Vale: 07785 705 766

Chiltern and South Bucks: 07768 502 183

Wycombe: 01494 463 890

If there is an immediate danger and a threat to life, please contact the police or fire service by dialling 999.

Demolishing a building

If you want to carry out any demolition work, see demolish a building or structure.