Report the harm or disturbance to wildlife

Wildlife crime includes buying, selling, harming or disturbing wild animals or plants that are protected by law.

Wildlife crimes can include:

  • animal cruelty
  • poaching or coursing
  • trading in protected species or products
  • damaging or destroying the habitat of a protected animal
  • taking protected plants
  • disturbing or killing wild birds or taking their eggs

Report a wildlife crime to the police

If you witness a suspected wildlife crime you should report it to the police - do not take action yourself. Many police forces have special wildlife crime officers.

You should:

  • call 999 to report a suspected wildlife crime taking place
  • call 101 for non-emergencies - you’ll be put in touch with Thames Valley Police

If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

You can also report a wildlife crime online.

Further information

You can read more about wildlife crime on the Thames Valley Police website.