Request a visit from an Energy Doctor

If you want to improve the energy efficiency of your home you can request a visit from a domestic resource efficiency officer (called an 'Energy Doctor').

Energy Doctors can:

  • advise on ways that eligible households can reduce energy consumption and costs
  • put in place suitable low-cost easy retrofit resource efficiency (LCERRE) measures

LCERRE measures include:

  • draught proofing for windows, doors, letterboxes and chimneys
  • hot water cylinder insulation jackets
  • reflective radiator panels
  • secondary glazing film
  • portable solar generators
  • electricity consumption monitors
  • thermometer cards
  • LED lights


To qualify for a visit your home must meet all of the following criteria:

  • you rent the property through a private rental agreement, or own and live in the property
  • your household has an income of £30,000 or less (before tax), is in receipt of means tested benefits such as Universal Credit and Council Tax Support, or a member of your household is disabled
  • the domestic property you live in has an energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G, or does not legally require an EPC

We will prioritise visits for those who meet these eligibility criteria and live in Opportunity Bucks areas.

Request a visit

To request a visit, contact Better Housing Better Health by:


This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF).

Just under £2 million has been allocated to support the scheme until the end of March 2025.