Request a visit from an Energy Doctor
If you want to improve the energy efficiency of your home you can request a visit from a domestic resource efficiency officer (called an 'Energy Doctor').
Energy Doctors can:
- advise on ways that eligible households can reduce energy consumption and costs
- put in place suitable low-cost easy retrofit resource efficiency (LCERRE) measures
LCERRE measures include:
- draught proofing for windows, doors, letterboxes and chimneys
- hot water cylinder insulation jackets
- reflective radiator panels
- secondary glazing film
- portable solar generators
- electricity consumption monitors
- thermometer cards
- LED lights
To qualify for a visit your home must meet all of the following criteria:
- you rent the property through a private rental agreement, or own and live in the property
- your household has an income of £30,000 or less (before tax), is in receipt of means tested benefits such as Universal Credit and Council Tax Support, or a member of your household is disabled
- the domestic property you live in has an energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G, or does not legally require an EPC
We will prioritise visits for those who meet these eligibility criteria and live in Opportunity Bucks areas.
Request a visit
To request a visit, contact Better Housing Better Health by:
This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF).
Just under £2 million has been allocated to support the scheme until the end of March 2025.