Reporting a smoky vehicle

You can report excessively smoky lorries and buses to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).

The DVSA can only investigate complaints from the public if they’re about heavy goods vehicles, buses or coaches.

How to make a report

You’ll need to provide:

  • the type of vehicle (HGV or PSV)
  • the registration number
  • the location where the vehicle was seen
  • the date and time of the sighting

You can make a report to the DVSA by either: