Business rate relief and debt advice
Business rate relief is delivered through Buckinghamshire Council.
All businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sector are not required to pay business rates between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021. This includes:
- music venues
- sports clubs
- village halls and bingo halls
- estate agents and letting agents
- registered nursery providers
This applies to all of these businesses regardless of their size or rateable value.
We have already adjusted business rate accounts and your business should have received an updated bill.
You do not need to apply but any retail, hospitality or leisure business or organisation that does not get an updated bill, but believes they should get relief, should contact their area office.
Rate relief for nurseries
The government has announced that individual local authorities can grant relief for Ofsted’s Early Years-registered provider nurseries. We will be using our discretion to award this relief.
Business rate support
We would strongly advise you to continue to pay your business rates if you possibly can. However, we would urge any business that is expecting to have difficulties in making their business rate payments to let us know so we can work through issues together in a sensible and practical way.
We will continue to bill normally for the provision of goods and services. However, the raising of some invoices may be delayed in light of recent coronavirus announcements.
We will do our best to support residents who find themselves in financial hardship through this period. If you find you are unable to afford your service or goods, please contact [email protected]
All queries will be looked into by the relevant service area, and they will contact you to see how they can help. We will also work with you to discuss repayment plans.
Find debt advice
Many organisations offer free confidential advice to customers to help them prioritise their debt, and some of these organisations can also arrange payment plans with creditors.
Trustworthy organisations include:
- Citizens Advice Bureau Call: 0844 826 9713.
- Amersham office: Barn Hall Annexe, Chiltern Ave, Amersham, Bucks HP6 5AH
- Aylesbury office: 2 Pebble Lane, Aylesbury, Bucks HP20 2JH8
- Buckingham office: Wheeldon House, Market Hill, Buckingham, Bucks MK18 1JX
- High Wycombe office: Easton St, High Wycombe, Bucks HP11 1NJ
- National Debt Helpline Call: 0121 410 6230
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service Call: 0800 138 1111
- Business Debt Line Call: 0800 197 6026
- Age UK Call: 0800 169 6565