Domestic abuse

How to report abuse

If abuse is taking place now, or there is a situation that may become heated or violent, you should:

  • telephone the police on 999
  • contact 18000 if you are a textphone user
  • text the police on 999 (but you must be registered for the emergencySMS service)

If you are not able to speak on the telephone, call the police on your mobile phone using 999, then press 55 to get help through the silent solution system.

Report abuse that is not an emergency

If the situation is not an emergency, you should:

Help and support

If you're a victim of domestic violence, or have been in the past, view our help and support about domestic abuse.

Contact the community safety team

If you have a question about reporting domestic abuse that is not answered on these pages, contact the community safety team.