Wendover and Villages Community Board
Chair - Michael Collins
Deputy Chair - Richard Newcombe
Board coordinator - Michelle Parker
Email: [email protected]
For the latest updates from our community board, visit our Facebook page.
The full Community Board membership and details of meetings is available on the Local Democracy Wendover and Villages Community Board page.
The Wendover and Villages Community Board covers the following town and parish areas:
- Aston Clinton
- Bierton with Broughton
- Drayton Beauchamp
- Stoke Mandeville
- Weston Turville
View our map to check the area or parish that you live in.
Each year we will look at what matters to our local area the most, using data and local intelligence to help us determine the priorities our board will focus on. Some of this information can be found in the Wendover Local Profile (PDF document). We will involve residents, partners, local groups and organisations in understanding what the local issues and priorities are.
Priorities for 2020/21 are:
- Support our local community to recover from COVID-19
- Focus on the Health and Wellbeing of our local residents
- Support our adults, vulnerable residents, and children to live their best lives
- Work towards sufficient Transport, Highways and Infrastructure for the area
- Ensure that the area is a safe environment for local residents
These priorities will help us determine where we take action and allocate funding to improve the local area.
Apply for funding
If you have a project that relates to one of the priorities above, you can apply for funding online.
We take actions on issues linked to our priorities. To do this, we have working groups that bring together board members and representatives from the community and relevant partner organisations.
Working groups identify and discuss issues linked to our priorities, and we consider project ideas and requests for funding linked to these issues.
- Coronavirus Recovery
- Community Safety
- Economy and Retail
- Highways and Transport
- Supporting Young People
- Supporting Elderly and Vulnerable Residents
If you're interested in getting involved with one of the working groups or would like to discuss an idea you may have for a project, contact us at [email protected].
If you join your community board, you'll be able to have your say on issues that affect your area. How involved you become is up to you. We'll:
- invite you to our board meetings and events
- give you the opportunity to get involved with our working groups
- let you know about local consultations
- share information on funding for communities
If you would like to find out more about your local Community Board, contact us at [email protected].