Complain about a tattoo or skin piercing premises or practitioner
You can use this page to raise concerns about a business or person carrying out treatments such as:
- Tattooing including micropigmentation (permanent and semi permanent makeup)
- Cosmetic piercings
- Acupuncture (including dry needling)
- any other invasion of the skin (for example, microblading and micro needling)
Tattooing anyone under 18 years of age is a criminal offence and should be reported to the police for action.
Types of complaint
There are two ways you can raise concerns about a practitioner or business :
- consumer complaint (poor service)
- report a registered practitioner or premises (health concerns)
We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you, in the form a letter (with proof of delivery).
Report a registered practitioner or premises
If your complaint is in relation to:
- the way in which a premises is operating
- the way in which a practitioner is operating
- an infection or health related condition caused by a treatment
Report this to [email protected].