Apply for the fit and proper person register (mobile home sites)
The Mobile Homes (Requirements for Manager of Site to be Fit and Proper Person) (England) Regulations 2020 prohibit the use of land as a residential mobile home site unless the local authority is satisfied that the owner or manager of the site is a fit and proper person to manage the site.
View the register and rejections
Recently rejected applications
|Name and address||Status||Date of rejection|
|Application rejected||22 September 2023|
Guidance for site owners
From 1 October 2021, unless your site is exempt, you must either:
- be a fit and proper person to lawfully operate a park home site
- have a fit and proper site manager in place
If you operate a relevant protected site, you must apply to us for the relevant person (yourself or your appointed manager) to be included in the local register of fit and proper persons to manage a site.
You must hold or have applied for a site licence for the site in order to apply for inclusion on the register.
Your site is exempt if it's “a non-commercial family occupied site”. This is a site:
- only occupied by members of the same family, and
- not being run on a commercial basis
More information on the exemptions are available on the GOV.UK regulations webpage.
How we'll consider your application
To be happy that the relevant person is a fit and proper person to manage the site, and to add them to the register, we'll consider:
- past compliance with the site licence
- the long term maintenance of the site
- whether the relevant person has sufficient level of competence to manage the site
- the management structure and funding arrangements for the site or proposed management structure and funding arrangements
We'll also consider whether the relevant person:
- has the right to work within the UK
- has committed any offence involving fraud or other dishonesty, violence, arson or drugs or listed in Schedule 3 to the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (offences attracting notification requirements)
- has contravened any provision of the law relating to housing, caravan sites, mobile homes, public health, planning or environmental health or of landlord and tenant law
- has contravened any provision of the Equality Act 2010 in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business
- has harassed any person in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business
- has had an application rejected by any other local authority
- is, or has been within the past 10 years, personally insolvent
- is, or has been within the last 10 years, disqualified from acting as a company director
We also may consider the conduct of any person associated or formerly associated with the relevant person (whether on a personal, work or other basis), if it appears that person’s conduct is relevant.
We can also consider any evidence on any other relevant matters.
There is a charge of £112 for this application. This has been set in line with government guidance.
For any queries please contact the Environmental Health team
Environmental Health (Housing & Domestic)
Telephone: 01296 585605
Email: [email protected].