Order historical registration certificates
We can produce copies of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificates from any register we hold, dating from 1 July 1837 - this is when official records began.
You can order certificates to help research your family history or family tree.
Certificates cost £11.
What you'll need
To order a family history certificate, try to include as much useful information as possible, including:
- the parish, village or town where the event occurred, which is often more useful than just the district
- the event you are looking for
- the date when it occurred
- any other names which may appear on the entry, such as the mother's or father's name
- your phone number or email address, in case we need to check anything with you
We do not need the reference number from the records of the General Register Office indexes as our records are indexed differently.
Use our priority service if you're ordering from outside the UK or need it sooner.
If you do not have all the correct information
If you do not have all the correct information, you can research your family history using the General Register Office. These indexes will provide you with dates and registration districts.
You can also research the information online or visit Buckinghamshire Archives.
We'll issue certificates to the best of our ability with the information you provide.
Help ordering a certificate
For support or advice about ordering certificates, contact the registration service team.