Order a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate
Use this service to order:
- birth certificates (for births that occurred in Buckinghamshire)
- death certificates (for deaths that occurred in Buckinghamshire)
- civil marriage or civil partnership certificates (for marriages or civil partnerships that took place in Buckinghamshire)
These are fully certified copies which are suitable for most official purposes.
If you're researching your family tree, you can order historical registration certificates.
Certificates cost £11 and are sent via 2nd class post. There is a priority service available if you need it sooner.
If the registration took place outside of Buckinghamshire, you should contact the register office in the local authority it took place or The General Register Office.
Use our overseas service if you need to order a certificate if you're living abroad.
Order your certificates online using a credit or debit card.
We'll dispatch your certificates within 15 working days of receiving your application.
If you need a copy of a certificate urgently, you can order a certificate using our priority service. This costs £35 and certificates are sent within 24 hours via first class post. You can also collect priority certificates from our offices.
Other ways of ordering
Call us between 9am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday to order a copy of a certificate.
Buckinghamshire Register Office (Aylesbury): 01296 383 005
Beaconsfield Old Town Registration Office: 01494 475 205
To order by post, write to your local register office and include:
- details of the type of certificate you need
- payment by cheque or postal order - make cheques payable to your local council (such as Buckinghamshire Council)
- a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on
- contact phone number for you
- the specific information needed for each certificate
Help ordering a certificate
For support or advice about ordering certificates, contact the registration service team.