Bikeability is the government’s national cycle training programme. It teaches adults and children the practical skills they need to ride a bike.
There are 3 levels of training and each is designed to progressively improve your cycling skills, including:
- the basics of balancing and control
- riding independently on busy roads
Cycle training is available to everyone, no matter what your age or ability level.
Cycle training in schools
Cycle training for children is delivered via Bucks schools.
Schools will need to bid for funding the term before the training course is due to take place.
Schools should also consider that:
- training is subsidised, though there is an admin fee
- providers used must be from our approved list of cycle training providers
- if they have been successful they will be told within 15 working days after the closing date
- only in extreme circumstances can funding for a term not be carried over to the following term