Report a problem with a street or traffic light
Use this service to report:
- street lights that are too dim, not working or intermittent
- street lights that are on during the day
- traffic lights or crossing buttons
- bollard lights not working
What we need to know
Help us locate the problem quicker by providing:
- images (if safe to do so)
- a description of the damage
- description of its location, including any landmarks
You must have an email address to use the online reporting system (FixMyStreet)
How we'll keep you updated
When the issue or defect has been assessed we will update the online report and send you an email.
Street lights and trees
If a streetlight is being blocked by a overhanging tree, you will need to report the tree if it's maintained by us.
Reporting dangerous street lights
A streetlight can become dangerous when:
- the protective cover is hanging off
- the door on the base is broken or damaged
If you believe that a streetlight has become dangerous, call us immediately on 0300 131 6000.