Apply to install traffic count apparatus on the public highway
You'll need a licence if you want to install traffic count apparatus on or over the public highway, including cameras.
A licence to install traffic count apparatus costs £23 plus VAT. An individual licence is needed for each installation.
How to apply
You'll need to provide:
- the location and details of the apparatus
- the date the apparatus is to be installed and removed
- details of the client who requested the survey
- the reason for the survey
- a copy of your public liability insurance (minimum of £10 million)
- your method statement
- your risk assessment
Your application will not be processed if you do not submit all required documents.
If you've already installed traffic count apparatus
If you've already installed traffic count apparatus, you can apply for a retrospective licence.
The cost of a retrospective licence is £34 plus VAT.
What happens next
Applications may take up to 7 days to complete, providing all documents are submitted.
Licences are valid for 28 calendar days.
Help with your application
If you need any help or support with your application, email [email protected]