Apply to host an event on the public highway

If you are holding an event such as a street party on the public highway, for example on a road, footpath, footway or verge, you must apply to get permission from us.

How to apply

Applications must be made 6 weeks before the date of the party.

Email [email protected] to request a form. Details on how to pay will be sent to you if you're successful.

The legal fees and the cost of the statutory advertising for a street party is £910.

We'll consider waiving the fees for registered charities.

Larger public events

If you're organising a larger public event, such as a sporting event, you may need to apply for a temporary traffic regulation order to ensure the event is managed safely. Other traffic management arrangements may also be required.

Events which are not taking place on the highway but which may generate a lot of traffic should also be registered with us.

Help with your application

If you need any help with your application email [email protected]