Apply to have access protection markings painted in front of your driveway

You can apply for us to paint an access protection road marking, also known as H bars, in front of your driveway to deter other motorists from parking in front of it.

The markings are only for guidance and are not legally enforceable. 

Applications cost £110 and approval is subject to investigation and assessment.

What you'll need

You'll need to provide:

  • your name and contact details
  • a description of where you want the access protection markings (include street and number or name of house)
Apply now

After you submit your application

Your application must be approved by the Traffic Management Section. Your request will then be investigated as to its feasibility.

After the investigation, you'll be notified of our decision. If your application is approved, we'll:

  • send you confirmation of the proposals
  • arrange the work with an approved lining contractor