Help for businesses (cost of living)
The government's Energy Bills Discount Scheme will run until 31 March 2024.
This scheme replaces the Energy Bill Relief Scheme which supported businesses and organisations between 1 October 2022 and 31 March 2023.
The scheme is made up of 3 different parts:
- The baseline discount provides some support with energy bills for eligible non-domestic customers in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This support is applied automatically.
- The Energy and Trade Intensive Industries (ETII) discount provides a higher level of support to businesses and organisations in eligible sectors. You need to apply for the ETII discount (GOV.UK).
- The Heat Network discount provides a higher level of support to heat networks with domestic end consumers. You need to apply for the Heat Network discount (GOV.UK).
If you're applying for the higher levels of support:
- eligible organisations must apply within 90 days from 26 April 2023
- new or newly eligible organisations must apply within 90 days of the date they became eligible
For more information see Energy Bills Discount Scheme (GOV.UK).
Buckinghamshire Business First
Buckinghamshire Business First (BBF) can help if you're worried about rising costs and the impact on your business.
In partnership with the council they deliver free, impartial support for all businesses in the county.
To receive free advice and get information about the grants available to your business, contact BBF: