View the Skills and Employment Strategy 2024 to 2029
Buckinghamshire is a place of vibrant opportunities, where our residents and businesses are at the core of our vision. However, the Covid-19 pandemic has slowed down our economic recovery and created a mismatch between the skills sought by employers, and the qualifications sought by residents and employees.
The Skills and Employment Strategy sets a clear direction for increasing access to and provision of in-demand skills and qualifications to enable our residents, communities and employers to thrive.
The Skills and Employment Strategy 2024 to 2029 has 5 priorities, each supported by initiatives and measures, to achieve the vision.
The 5 priorities are:
- a whole system approach aimed at improving skills and employment to benefit everyone in Buckinghamshire
- facilitating collaboration means celebrating existing collaboration between employers, educators and communities whilst encouraging further partnerships in the area
- improving opportunities to achieve- supporting those with additional barriers into learning and employment
- boosting business ensures that Buckinghamshire is the best place to do business through developing and utilising the skills of residents to improve productivity, profits and service levels
- anticipating change will allow us to prepare for and respond to the changing about market because of the fourth industrial revolution, changing practices and economic shocks
This strategy is supported by an action plan which show measures the Skills Strategy Board will take to support our vision. The action plan will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
What our strategy means for Buckinghamshire
Find out what the Skills and Employment Strategy means for:
View the strategy and action plans
View the Skills and Employment Strategy 2024 to 2029 PDF, 3.69MB.
View the Skills and Employment Strategy Action Plan PDF, 802KB.
Contact economic growth and regeneration
If you're interested in working with us to achieve the aims set out in this strategy, contact [email protected].