Volunteering with Buckinghamshire Archives
Buckinghamshire Archives is home to the memory of Buckinghamshire. We collect, care for and present the written and photographic history of the county. Below are details of current opportunities to volunteer with us on specific projects. You might be thinking about getting started in a career in heritage or archives, looking for a new project, or meeting new people. These opportunities are a great way to get involved with our work.
We are a friendly and welcoming team. You can listen to some of our current volunteers talk about their time with us.
Volunteer Opportunity: Parasport Box Listing Project 2021
Buckinghamshire Archives is looking for volunteers to help list our internationally important collections documenting the history of Parasports (sports played by people with a disability). You will be box listing, which is the first crucial step in understanding and organising a collection.
- you are able to give at least three hours a week to volunteering at Buckinghamshire Archives in Aylesbury, preferably on Monday or Friday
- it would help if you have your own laptop, but this is not essential
- you are familiar with using Microsoft Excel
- you have good attention to detail
- you are methodical and consistent
You will get:
- experience in listing archive records and finding aids for researchers
- training in box listing and handling archive material
- experience of volunteering in a county archive
To find out more, email:[email protected]hire.gov.uk