Disability access to walking routes
Wherever possible we make our routes accessible to everyone.
Gates and stile locations can be seen on our online map.
We are always looking for opportunities for improvements by:
- removing barriers to enable access for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and pushchairs
- replacing stiles with easy access gates and gaps
- providing better information on disabled access routes
- ramping any new bridges
- reporting the number of stiles removed to every Local Access Forum meeting
A disabled rambler, Gavin Caspersz who sits on the Buckinghamshire Local Access Forum advises us on disabled routes in the county. He uses a mobility scooter to access rights of way and tests them for us.
Easy access routes
For information on easy access routes, contact Chilterns Conservation Board.
The 'Miles Without Stiles' booklet can be downloaded from the Chilterns Conservation Board website or obtain a hard copy from:
Chilterns Conservation Board
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01844 355504
Hire a mobility scooter
You can hire a mobility scooter at these countryside sites:
- Bridgewater Monument, Asheridge, Tring, National Trust, (Grid Ref: SP971, 131) telephone: 01442 851227
- Burnham Beeches, Farnham Royal, (Grid Ref: SU 950 850) telephone: 01753 647358
- College Lake BBOWT Reserve, Tring (Grid Ref: SP 934 140) telephone: 01442 826774