Report a planning breach

Taking formal action

We'll start formal action when negotiations to resolve a complaint have failed. We'll then consider serving legal notices requiring the breach of planning control to be resolved.

If the owner does not comply with legal notices we serve, we can take court action. This could result in a significant fine. In most cases, there is a right of appeal against the legal notices that we serve.