COVID-19 update: changes to building control site inspections
Throughout the pandemic, we've worked with our customers to help prevent the spread of infection whilst still providing an effective building control service. These measures allow us to continue providing our service and help maintain the safety of our people and our clients.
We are grateful for your continued support.
Our site inspection procedures
We've put in place new measures to ensure our customers experience an undisrupted service.
We're currently attending all site inspections where possible and safe to do so. Please book your inspections as normal so our surveyors can assess the type of inspection requested and the type of inspection to be carried out (either an actual inspection or virtual inspection).
When you book the inspection, or prior to the inspection, please tell us if:
- anyone has had any contact with any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days and is required to self-isolate in line with government guidelines or is required to take and is waiting for a PCR test result
- anyone has had any COVID-19 symptoms (continuous cough, fever, or loss of taste/smell) in the past 10 days and is required to self-isolate in line with government guidance or is required to take and is waiting for a PCR test result
- anyone has returned from a country where they are required to self-isolate in the last 10 days in line with government guidance
During the inspection we ask that you respect social distancing (2m distance) and wear a face covering. If customers do not observe these measures, the surveyor has the right to cancel the inspection and rearrange for a later date.
If you have any questions please contact the surveyor directly or contact our business support teams:
- North and Central Team: 01296 585460
- East and South Team: 01895 837296
- West Team: 01494 421403
Booking a site inspection
To request a site inspection see our building control services and fees.