Changes to vehicle MOT and compliance testing
From Monday 17 October 2022 there will be changes to where you can obtain an MOT and compliance inspection, in support of a vehicle licence application.
The following garages will be approved to carry out MOT and Compliance Inspections for Buckinghamshire Council licensed vehicles:
- Buckinghamshire Council Pembroke Road - 19 Pembroke Road, Stocklake Industrial Estate, Aylesbury, HP201DB. Tel: 07980965676
- Ed’s Treads – Unit 2a Broadfields Retail Park, Bicester Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8BU. Tel: 01296 424541
- Autotech - 42 Townsend Rd, Chesham, HP5 2AA. Tel: 01494 793333
- GW Motors - The Old Station Yard, Station Rd, Taplow, Maidenhead, SL6 0NU. Tel: 01628 603492
- MOT 123 - 6-7 Chepping Park, High Wycombe HP12 3RB. Tel: 01494 536561
When to book
If you want to book an MOT and Compliance Inspection, you can contact the garages above now to book an appointment on or after the 17 October 2022.
If you need to book in before 17 October
If you need to book in before 17 October, you can use one of the currently approved garages listed on the apply for or renew a vehicle licence page.
If you have a booking after 17 October with a garage who will no longer be approved
If you already have a booking after Monday 17 October 2022 with any current approved garage that is no longer on the list above, we will continue to accept MOT and compliance certificates up to and including the 11 November 2022.
Changes at Pembroke Road from 17 October
From Monday 17 October, you will:
- need to book an MOT and compliance inspection directly with Pembroke Road before you submit a vehicle application
- no longer be able to book within the vehicle application form
- be required to submit your MOT, compliance and other supporting information when you make your vehicle application online
Plates, window cards and door signs will not be made at Pembroke Road.