Apply for a visa extension for a taxi or private hire driver

Apply for a visa extension if you hold a valid taxi or private hire driver licence which was granted for less than 3 years due to a limited visa.

A visa extension costs £53.

Before you begin

Make your application at least 10 days before the expiry of your licence so that we can carry out checks with the Home Office.

To apply, you'll need:

  • your private hire or hackney carriage driver badge
  • your Home Office visa renewal documents
  • a valid credit or debit card to pay for your application

Expired licences

If your licence has expired, you must apply for a new taxi or private hire driver licence.


We are the controller for the personal information we use about you. We're committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services.

The law requires us to give you details about how we use and protect your information, view the taxi licensing privacy policy.


For information and support with the licensing process, you can contact taxi licensing.