Report an abandoned vehicle
What is an abandoned vehicle
Not all nuisance vehicles are abandoned. A car parked in the road, outside your house, for a few days is probably not abandoned, even if it is a nuisance.
If a vehicle is:
- in use
- has SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification)
- an MOT
- maintained or is in reasonable condition
We won't be able to treat it as an abandoned vehicle.
Check the Government website for more information on our responsibilities in dealing with abandoned vehicles.
Signs of an abandoned vehicle
- it has no keeper on DVLA’s database and is untaxed - check if a vehicle is taxed
- it is stationary for a significant amount of time
- is burnt out and owner is not known locally
- is significantly damaged, run down or unroadworthy, for example, has flat tyres, missing wheels or broken windows
- the number plates are missing