Dropped kerbs and crossovers

If you want to lower the kerb in front of your property and provide vehicle access to a hard standing parking area, you will need permission from the council.

This is sometimes referred to as a crossover or vehicle access over the footway.

If you want to drop the kerb outside your house, you'll need:

  • a vehicular access licence
  • an external contractor
Apply for a vehicular access licence