Weekly road works update 13/10/2020
During the course of this week, as part of the Strategic Highway Maintenance Programme, Transport for Buckinghamshire is carrying out work at the following locations.
The schemes are part of a rolling programme of countywide work and some activities are weather dependent, therefore dates shown are subject to change at short notice. There will be no weekend working unless otherwise specified.
Conventional Surfacing Programme
Plane and Patch
- Willowbridge Canal Bridge, Stoke Hammond – Willow Bridge Roundabout to north side of canal bridge [Fenny Stratford Bypass] (Thursday 16th October) - Carriageway surfacing works using temporary traffic signals in operation between 8:30pm and 6:00am
- Welsh Lane, Biddlesden – Stowe Park Junction to 30 mph limit sign (Monday 12th October to Friday 6th November) - Carriageway patching works using a daytime road closure in operation between 7am and 7pm
- Moat Lane, Prestwood – whole length of road (Friday 9th October to Wednesday 14th October) - Carriageway Iron Works using a daytime road closure (9th until 14th October) in operation between 9:30am and 15:00pm
- Heath End Road, Prestwood – whole length of road (Wednesday 14th October to Wednesday 21st October) - Carriageway Iron Works using a daytime road closure in operation between 7:00am and 7pm
Bridge Improvement Programme
- Ivy Lane, Great Brickhill - bridge adjacent to the Three Locks Golf Club to Heath Road (Monday 12th October to Friday 30th October) - Emergency bridge repairs using a 24 hour closure.
- B488 Horton Road, Ivinghoe – 200mtrs either side of the Grand Union Canal Bridge (Monday 12th October to Friday 20th November) - Bridge strengthening repairs using a 24 hour closure
Footway Structural Repair Programme
- Cottesloe Road, Aylesbury – Churchill Avenue to Clover Lane (Monday 12th October to Friday 27th November) - Footway improvement works using localised traffic management in operation between 7:30am and 4:30pm
Drainage Improvement Schemes
- Chestnut Way, Longwick – junction with Bell Crescent (Monday 12th October to Wednesday 14th October) - Drainage improvement works using temporary traffic signals in operation between 9:30am and 3:30pm
Traffic Signals Improvement Programme
- Packhorse Road, Gerrards Cross – pelican crossing (Monday 12th October to Friday 16th October) - Refurbishment of existing pelican crossing using temporary traffic signals in operation between 9:30am and 3:30pm