Easter bin collections
Due to the Easter bank holidays, bin collections in Buckinghamshire will be operating to a revised schedule.
|Usual collection day||Revised collection day|
|Friday 2 April (Good Friday)||Saturday 3 April|
|Monday 5 April (Easter Monday)||Tuesday 6 April|
|Tuesday 6 April||Wednesday 7 April|
|Wednesday 7 April||Thursday 8 April|
|Thursday 8 April||Friday 9 April|
|Friday 9 April||Saturday 10 April|
Household Recycling Centres
If you’re starting your spring cleaning, remember all nine of Buckinghamshire’s household recycling centres will remain open over the Easter bank holiday. And, as of 1 April, the sites will move to summer opening hours: 9am – 6pm.
More information, including where to find your nearest site, can be found on our Household Recycling Centre webpage.
Egg-cellent tips for recycling this Easter
Easter is just around the corner and the supermarket shelves are brimming with chocolate eggs, bunnies and chicks. Remember you can recycle all the packaging around your Easter egg - the foil wrap, the plastic packaging and the outer card.
So be sure to munch, scrunch and recycle!
Our top tips for a more recycling friendly Easter:
- This one is easy – your cardboard boxes can be flattened and recycled.
- Most packaging will have all the recycling information on helping you to pick out which parts can and cannot be recycled. Our Packaging Symbols Explained webpage can help.
- It’s not just chocolate Easter egg packaging that can be recycled. Easter cards can also be recycled with other card and paper – just remove any glittery bits!
- Did you know that the foil wrapping on your Easter eggs can be recycled? This includes the infamous Cadbury Crème Egg! Just scrunch together with any other foil and pop in the recycling.
- Try the scrunch test with foil – if it scrunches and doesn’t spring, it’s safe to be recycled. However, if it springs back when scrunched it’s likely to have a plastic lining and so can’t be recycled and should be placed in your general rubbish bin.
Whether you’re eggs-tremely good at recycling or are still a bit unsure what can and cannot be recycled, visit our online Waste Wizard.
Looking for something different to do over the bank holiday weekend?
Take a look at the child-friendly Easter activities from Hubbub UK or test your recycling skills with Buckinghamshire’s ‘Recycle Right!’ sorting game.