Changes to council tax and benefits systems

From 17 November to 16 December the Aylesbury and Wycombe council tax and benefit system will be closed while we move to a new system. You can still tell us about any changes and these will be processed after 16 December.

Tell us about a change in circumstances

If you get help from us to pay your rent, you must tell us if your circumstances change.

The help you get from us could include:

  • housing benefit
  • council tax reduction
  • discretionary housing payments
  • discretionary awards

We may ask to see proof of any changes. We accept scanned copies or photographs attached to an email.

Changes you must tell us about

You must tell us about a:

Why you must tell us about changes

We need to know about changes in your circumstances so that we can pay you the right amount in benefits.

If we pay you too much in benefits, you will need to give us the money back.

If we owe you money in benefits, we need to know as soon as possible because we may not be able to backdate your payments.

You must tell us within 1 month of any changes or you may lose your benefits.

Contact the housing benefits team

If you have a question about changes in your circumstances that is not answered on this page, you can contact us for help.

Why you are being sent to a different website

We are in the process of adding information to the Buckinghamshire Council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need.