Council Tax system upgrade

The Council Tax system is being upgraded. This will cause some delays but we will be responding to your requests as quickly as we can.Find out about the upgrade and what it means to you.

Apply for a Council Tax Reduction if you're having difficulty paying

If you are having financial difficulties and are finding it hard to pay your Council Tax bill, we can help.

You may be able to claim a Council Tax Reduction if you are on a low income. With this you will pay less Council Tax.

Apply now

You can also:

If you need more help

If you need more support, we may be able to make a one-off payment into your Council Tax account. This is known as discretionary help.

You can apply for discretionary help online.

Other Council Tax help and advice

If you are finding it difficult to pay your Council Tax, the Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) can help you manage your debt and get more time to pay your bills.

Policy update

Contact the Council Tax team

If you have a question about help to pay your Council Tax that is not answered on this page, you can contact us for help.