Council Tax system upgrade

The Council Tax system is being upgraded. This will cause some delays but we will be responding to your requests as quickly as we can.Find out about the upgrade and what it means to you.

Council Tax for landlords

As a landlord, you may need to pay Council Tax on properties you own.

If your property is:

  • split into separate rooms, which you rent individually to tenants, you must pay the Council Tax bill for the whole property
  • is rented to 1 household – for example, a family – your tenants must pay the Council Tax bill
Register a property for Council Tax

It is your responsibility as a landlord to register your property for the correct Council Tax payments.

Contact the Council Tax team

If you are a landlord and would like to tell us about any changes to your property, you can contact us for help.