Change your council tax details

If your situation changes, and you think it may affect your council tax bill, let us know.

Examples of situations that could affect your council tax bill include moving house, or changes to your:

  • household and the number of people living there
  • family situation (that is, through divorce, marriage or separation)
  • income, as this may affect the amount of council tax support you get

We will send you a revised bill, or let you know what to do next.

What to do if someone who pays council tax dies

The Tell Us Once service is a quick and reliable way to let us know when someone has died.

The Tell Us Once team will tell all participating government departments and organisations about the death, including the council tax office.

Contact the council tax team

If you have a question about how to change your council tax details that is not answered on this page, you can contact us for help.

Why you are being sent to another website to tell us about a change to your council tax details

We are in the process of adding information to the Buckinghamshire Council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need.