Council Tax system upgrade

The Council Tax system is being upgraded. This will cause some delays but we will be responding to your requests as quickly as we can.Find out about the upgrade and what it means to you.

Appeal your Council Tax band

Your Council Tax bill is based on the value of the property you live in.

Based on their value, properties are divided into a series of categories or bands.

The amount of Council Tax you pay depends on which band your property is in.

You can find out:

Appeal your Council Tax band

To appeal your Council Tax property band, you need to contact a government agency called the Valuation Office Agency (VOA).

We cannot help you with a property band appeal. All appeals much be sent directly to the VOA.

Find out more about the VOA and how to appeal your Council Tax band.