Council Tax system upgrade

We have completed the Council Tax system upgrade but there may still be some delays whilst we process our backlog of requests. Find out about the upgrade and what may have changed for you.

Council Tax energy rebate

How to claim the Council Tax energy rebate (bands A to D)

Who is eligible in bands A to D

You can claim a one-off energy rebate if on 1 April 2022 your property was:

  • someone’s sole or main residence valued in Council Tax bands A to D
  • valued in band E, but has an alternative valuation band of band D, as a result of the disabled band reduction scheme
  • a chargeable dwelling, or in exemption classes N (occupied only by students), S (all the occupiers are under 18 years of age), U (occupiers are severely mentally impaired) or W (a granny annexe)
  • not occupied by a local authority, a corporate body or other body such as a housing association, the government or governmental body

If you receive Council Tax Support which means you do not pay Council Tax, you will still be eligible for the energy rebate.

Claiming your rebate

All eligible properties who have not received an automatic rebate or claimed their rebate online by Sunday 31 July 2022 were issued a Post Office voucher.

These vouchers have now expired, and all properties who have not cashed their voucher will be issued a £150 credit on their Council Tax account.